North Bay, Ontario
Deadline November 23, 2015
Position: Senior Research and Evaluation Analyst - OPSEU – Planning and Evaluation Services
Hours of Work: Permanent – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: January 4, 2016
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Vacant Position
Reporting to the Manager of Planning and Evaluation and as a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Senior Research and Evaluation Analyst provides senior level expertise in the design and conduct of program/service evaluation, strategic research and analytics projects. This position works directly with Heath Unit’s executive team members and management in supporting the development and implementation of strategic operational plans, including overseeing evaluation processes that inform and measure the organization’s success. The Senior Research and Evaluation Analyst is also responsible for: coordinating the Accountability Agreement Indicator process on behalf of the health unit and ensuring compliance with technical data requirements; developing, implementing and monitoring health unit wide policy and processes with respect to research ethics, and evaluation; developing and undertaking strategic research projects; developing and maintaining mutually-beneficial relationships with external research partners and agencies; identifying and implementing opportunities for professional development with respect to evaluation and performance measurement.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Masters degree in a social science, health economics, or health area preferably with a focus in community or public health
- Minimum of six years of directly related experience, with at least two of those years at a senior level
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the planning and application of program evaluation, performance measures, psycho-social research methods and technologies
- Senior level knowledge of statistical procedures and experience using broad spectrum of research methods
- Demonstrated experience using data management and analytical tools such as STATA and the Microsoft Office software packages
- Familiarity with current public health issues and the Ontario Public Health Standards
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and critical analysis skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary team, and to utilize positive problem solving strategies
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in particular report writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate research/evaluation results into actionable recommendations for clients
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to respond to, and meet, competing priorities
- Ability to work flex hours (i.e. occasional evenings and weekends) when necessary
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $35.64 to maximum $40.12 (under review)
Closing Date: November 23, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job Posting #2015/028
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to the website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer