St. Thomas, Ontario
Deadline November 27, 2015
Posting # 1.059 / 1.060
Non-Union, Temporary Full-time Administration
The following student position is anticipated to extend until March 31, 2016 subject to availability of work and funding.
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health is currently looking to fill two (2) research student positions to support the Manager, Strategic Initiatives and the Epidemiologist to conduct a system mapping project to identifying and presenting the components of a bigger system which may include, but not limited to transportation, food availability and access, safe and affordable housing and access to recreation.
- Currently enrolled in a university / masters degree program focusing on geography / public health/ epidemiology or other relevant fields.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others in a mentored team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in an environment of competing demands
- Excellent computer skills specifically in the utilization of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel and Power Point Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and customer service
- Experience using GIS related software is an asset.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by November 27, 2015.
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with
Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment
and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
For further information about Elgin St. Thomas Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at
Manager, Human Resources Elgin St. Thomas Public Health
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.