Deadline November 25, 2015
About the GMSH: The mission of the Gay Men’s Sexual Health Alliance (GMSH) is to foster a systematic, evidence-informed, skilled, consistent and effective response to the sexual health needs of Ontario’s diverse communities of gay, bisexual, and men who have sex with men (MSM), in order to reduce the transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections and improve our overall health and well-being of gay, bisexual and other MSM. The GMSH is a provincial program funded by the AIDS Bureau/Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and is housed at the Ontario AIDS Network.
About the Ontario AIDS Network: The Ontario AIDS Network (OAN) is a province-wide coalition of diverse community-based organizations. Together with our membership, the OAN forms a collective voice to raise awareness and increase visibility of health and social justice issues in developing an effective provincial response to HIV/AIDS. The OAN aims to strengthen and support the work of our membership by providing education, skills and capacity building, conferences and information dissemination, and by facilitating community-based research.
Purpose of Position: The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the GMSH. This will involve providing a variety of clerical functions including recording minutes, making travel arrangements, preparing expenses claims, scheduling and organizing meetings, coordinating mass mailings, developing and maintaining filing systems and responding to email and phone inquiries.
- Assist in coordination of meetings for GMSH working groups and Quarterly Alliance meetings
- Provide logistical and administrative support in preparation of meetings by booking meeting rooms, food services/catering and special equipment (audio/video etc)
- Review and prepare expense claims for processing
- Assist with correspondence and communication to the GMSH network
- Take minutes during meetings and prepare them for circulation to GMSH Alliance members
- Create and manage routine maintenance of office organization systems
- Updates websites as requested by GMSH staff
- Manage GMSH contact and email distribution lists
- Develop and maintain GMSH campaign/resource distribution systems and coordinate the delivery of materials to the GMSH network members
- Respond to telephone and email inquiries
- Other duties are requested by the GMSH Director
- Adhere to OAN/GMSH policies and procedures
- Typing and word processing skills
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Calendar
- Demonstrated knowledge of general administrative office procedures and functions
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and sound judgment to provide effective office coordination and establishing and maintain systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of project management practices and procedures
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Knowledge of gay men’s health and HIV and sexual health issues would be an asset
- Appreciation of the unique life experiences and challenges, related to sexual health, encountered by a diversity of cis and trans gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (GBMSM), including gay men living with HIV.
- Prior experience coordinating meetings, events, and conferences
- Excellent project coordination skills, with proven ability to coordinate multiple tasks and set priorities amidst important but competing deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to foster and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders involved in the GMSH
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office products, including WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint
- Experience with website development and monitoring an asset
Minimum Education & Work Experience:
The position requires:
- Experience providing administration support and meeting/conference planning
- Working Conditions
- Must be flexible to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Must be able to work in a variety of settings
- 22.5 hour work week, overtime compensated by time off in lieu
This is a part time position with benefits and subject to a 6 month probationary period and annual performance appraisals.
The GMSH is committed to employment equity and encourages gay men (HIV positive and negative), especially gay men from diverse ethno-racial backgrounds, identities and dis/abilities to apply and self-identify and/or advise others of this opportunity.
No phone calls please. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Owen McEwen, Director
c/o Gay Men’s Sexual Health Alliance
Application deadline: Wednesday, November 25th - 5:00 pm
To apply online, please visit https://charityvillage.com/jobs/search-results/job-detail.aspx?id=327670....