North Bay, Ontario
Deadline December 7, 2015
Position: Nurse Practitioner – ONA – Sexual Health Program
Hours of Work: Temporary – Full-Time – 28 Hours Per Week (0.80 FTE)
Effective: February 22, 2016 to February 17, 2017 (Subject to Change)
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Leave Of Absence
Working as a member of the Sexual Health Team in a highly structured setting to provide comprehensive sexual health clinical services (including individual health assessment, screening, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and referral as required) consistent with the Ontario Public Health Standards 2008 for sexual health, sexually transmitted infections and blood borne infections (including HIV/AIDS) in the North Bay and Parry Sound district. May be asked to contribute to other health unit programs as appropriate.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Post graduate Nurse Practitioner certificate or degree with specialty in Primary Health Care
- Current registration with the College of Nurses as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class, RN (EC)
- Current certification in CPR
- Two years recent experience in an acute care and/or public health setting with a focus on sexual health, sexually transmitted infections and HIV/AIDS including a clinical component
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Capability to identify when issues fall outside the NP’s scope of practice and work with collaborating physician as required
- Ability to coordinate appropriate diagnostic tests and procedures as per RN(EC) scope of practice, and/or in consultation with collaborating physicians or in accordance with medical directives
- Knowledge of local community resources for referral
- Knowledge of harm reduction strategies as required to administer needle exchange
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Point-of-Care HIV Testing
- An understanding of Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation and regulations such as the Health Protection and Promotion Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
- Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), Child and Family Services Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills particular to working with adolescents and young adults
- Demonstrated tolerance for ambiguity and comfort in forging new role within practice setting
- Computer skills in word processing, internet, iPHIS, and Clinic 2.0
- Ability to research and prepare proposals, briefs and annual reports
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Have initiated or completed a HB vaccination series or proof of immunity
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $46.91 to Maximum $52.82
Closing Date: December 7, 2015 at 4:00 P.M.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter, proof of education and a copy of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job Posting #2015/029
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.