North Bay, Ontario
Deadline December 7, 2015
Position: Genetic Counsellor - OPSEU – Genetics Program
Hours of Work: Permanent – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: March 21, 2016
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Vacant Position
The incumbent provides assessment, counselling and follow-up for all aspects of the Genetics Program, including genetic clinical services, predictive cancer genetics services, prenatal diagnosis and Huntington’s disease (including neurology clinics) within a team approach to program.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Master of Science degree in Genetic Counselling
- Current certification by the Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors (or eligibility to sit for exam by Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors)
- Current certification in CPR
- Two years recent work experience in prenatal, paediatric, adult and cancer genetics
- Ability to work within a self-directed team and collaborate with other teams in program delivery
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction
- Computer skills in word processing, data management, internet and social media
- Ability to research and prepare proposals, briefs and annual reports
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization
- Self-motivated and able to complete assigned duties with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flex hours as required
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $37.53 to Maximum $42.25 (Under Review)
Closing Date: December 7, 2015 to 4:00 p.m.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job Posting #2015/032
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to the intranet for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.