Deadline December 11, 2015
Maternity Leave Contract To June 2016
Do you want to feel like you truly make a difference in the lives of others?
Are you passionate about giving children the best start towards a long and healthy life?
Then you can help us improve all aspects of childhood health in our community.
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health is looking for a dynamic Health Promoter to enthusiastically deliver a new ministry initiative focusing specifically on childhood weight and obesity.
You will work with a range of community partners and groups such as schools, childcare centres, not-for-profit organizations and social services agencies as well as the general public to deliver specific health promotion interventions through the Healthy Kids Community Challenge.
This promotion work will involve a combination of community partner engagement, public events, presentations or classes, community coalition work and general promotion. You will flex your skills to best use all the available communication channels; print, radio, events and social media. You are comfortable promoting this key topic with all types of groups from individual parents to large groups to formal coalitions.
What you need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in health promotion or a related discipline with courses in health promotion or social marketing, program planning/evaluation, epidemiology and behavioural psychology.
- Excellent facilitation, written communication, media design and teaching skills.
- Ability to plan large scale community health initiatives
- Ability to work in a priority changing environment.
- Ability to work with a wide range of interest groups and community partners.
- Proficient in general office software, social media and internet research.
This position requires normal working hours of 8:30 – 4:30. This position is located in our main Belleville office and may require some travel throughout Hastings and Prince Edward Counties.
The Health Unit offers a competitive salary and a full suite of benefits.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30 pm on Friday December 11, 2015.
The Health Unit welcomes those with disabilities; to make arrangements for accommodation in the recruitment process, please indicate this in your submission.