[Ed.: salary range updated December 7, 2015]
Deadline December 21, 2015
The Stonegate Community Health Centre is recruiting a Nurse Practitioner, Primary Health Care (NP-PHC) for an 8-month contract. The centre provides programs and services aimed at people who face the highest barriers to healthcare in the Stonegate-Queensway community. The Nurse Practitioner will function as an effective member of the family practice team and provide ongoing primary care to the clinic's registered patients.
This position is an 8-month parental-leave coverage for a 35-hour NP-PHC position, beginning in February 2016.
- Salary Range, including on-call stipend: $82,432 - $91,880 (pro-rated to 8 months: $54,929 - $61,253)
- Benefits: 3 weeks paid vacation and paid sick/family sick allowance. Health benefits and pension compensation are not covered.
- Provide primary health care services within the scope of the NP-PHC including: physical assessments, treatment, diagnosis and interpretation of test results; therapeutics; health promotion/education/counselling; history taking, screening, referral, and follow up.
- Consult with other members of the healthcare team as needed, and work in partnership with other team members to share responsibility for the planning, provision and coordination of client care.
- Provide services during regular and extended hours within the clinic and through on-call services.
- Work within a primary health care framework that emphasizes health promotion and education and disease prevention, and recognizes the special risk factors (social, physical, psychological etc.) which may affect the health of clients.
- Ensure appropriate, comprehensive treatment is delivered by maintaining complete and accurate medical records using the electronic health record, participating in chart reviews and discussing problem cases.
- Participate in administrative activities of the health centre by: providing input into program development, delivery and evaluation; collecting statistical data as required by the centre; identifying areas of development with regards to policies, procedure and protocols; participating in staff, team and other committees; and, liaising with other institutions, organizations and health and social service professionals.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Experience and proficiency in current physical assessment and treatment methods within the scope of practice of the Nurse Practitioner-Primary Health Care.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community- based health care.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the health issues of a diverse community and experience working with disenfranchised populations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills that include computer literacy.
- Ability to work flexible hours including at least 1 evening a week and rotational 24-hr on-call service.
- Fluency in a language relevant to the Stonegate Community in addition to English is considered an asset.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday December 21, 2015.
Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Tuesday January 5th, 2016.
Please email a cover letter and resume in PDF format only to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Nurse Practitioner Hiring Committee, and indicate your availability should you be selected for an interview on Tuesday January 5th.
The Stonegate Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.