Deadline December 14, 2015
The London InterCommunity Health Centre seeks a dynamic Primary Care Nurse Practitioner to join our clinical team dedicated to providing health care to those who experience barriers to care. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of new immigrants and refugees, and those impacted by homelessness, mental illness, addiction, poverty, language barriers, and complex and/or chronic health conditions. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with the client, and other care team members, to thoroughly understand all aspects of the client’s situation and provide high quality care aligned with the values of the Health Centre.
The Nurse Practitioner works as a member of an interdisciplinary primary care team of Physicians and Nurses. The clinical team, in turn is supported by Social Workers, Dietitians, Outreach Workers, Community Developers and support staff specializing in the areas of Mental Health, Children, Youth & Families, Immigrants & Ethno-cultural Communities, Poverty & Homelessness, and Diabetes & Chronic Diseases. To wrap services around the client, the Nurse Practitioner will be required to provide clinical support and expertise to other programs areas within the Health Centre.
- Bachelor or Masters of Science in Nursing from a recognized University;
- Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate;
- Registered Nurse in the Extended Class in good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses;
- Three (3) to five (5) years primary care experience, preferably in a community health setting;
- Awareness of, and understanding of, the social determinates of health;
- Commitment to the underlying principles of harm reduction;
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, non-judgement and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- A commitment to working as a valued member of an interdisciplinary team;
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records in accordance with the Health Centre’s policies;
- Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office Products and Electronic Medical Records (Nightingale on Demand currently in use).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position by forwarding a covering letter and resume by Monday, December 14, 2015 at 4:00pm to the attention of Human Resources:
Mail: London InterCommunity Health Centre
659 Dundas Street
London, Ontario, N5W 2Z1
Fax: (519) 642-1532
London InterCommunity Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve. Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted.