Deadline January 11, 2016
Title: Information Services Assistant*
Reports to: Information Services Specialist
Position Type: Permanent, Part-Time (21 hours per week, 0.6 FTE)
Start Date: February 2016
Wages: $27,798 - $33,015 per year (this reflects 21 hours per week)
Internal/External Competition: ISA2-2015
Posting Date: Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Closing Date: Monday, January 11, 2016
The Information Services Assistant is a resource and support to the Information Services Specialist and employees of KCHC. This position provides Information Services (IS) orientation and training, first level technical support, and assists in the areas of Information Services changes and enhancements, communications, asset tracking, telephone system configuration and other technical and administrative tasks as assigned by the Information Services Specialist.
*This position description is currently under review to incorporate core competencies. Final position description will be provided to the successful candidate when available.
Key Responsibilities / Detailed Responsibilities
Information services, orientation and training to staff and placement students
- Providing training on the use of user/email accounts, network file shares, Microsoft Office Suite, IT Help Desk ticketing system, telephone use etc.
- Providing training on the use of our Electronic Medical Record system (Nightingale On Demand) including creation and maintenance of “how to” documentation
Provide some first-level technical support to staff
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues as they relate to software, printing, connecting to the network, password resets, Blackberry/cell phone use etc.
- Supporting staff in areas of Information Services change
Support the Information Services Specialist as requested with technical and administrative tasks
- Communicating in person, over the phone and through email with staff
- Tracking, updating and identifying gaps in Information Services asset inventory
- Maintaining user accounts in Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and our Electrical Medical Record System (Nightingale On Demand)
- Assigning staff telephone extensions, updating telephone system configuration for holiday hours, tracking and facilitating updates to corporate mobile phones
- Assisting with changes and enhancements to the Electrical Medical Record system (Nightingale On Demand)
- Complies with all relevant legislation and KCHC policies, including privacy laws
- Supports consistent application of KCHC policies and procedures
- Supports program policy and procedure development
- Supports KCHC’s student and volunteer placement programs
- Promotes awareness of and participation in KCHC activities
Basic Education and Experience Requirements
- Post-secondary education in Information Service technologies or relevant experience
- Two years related experience; preferably in a health care setting
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record systems such as Nightingale On Demand seen as an asset
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting computers in a distributed client/server environment
- Experience assessing end user training needs and providing technical support
- Organizational Competencies: Accountability, Client Focus, Collaboration, Continuous Learning
- Position Competencies: Time Management, Knowledge/Professional Expertise, Attention to detail, Problem solving, Communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement
- Strong organizational skills and good attention to detail.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours if required.
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
- French language is an asset
Please include a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
Save all documents as a single file using your own name (Last, First). A PDF format is preferred.
Email to email@example.com citing reference “ISA2-2015” in the subject line.
Applications must be received by the Human Resources Manager by 4:00 pm, Monday, January 11, 2016.
All KCHC staff have a duty to understand and follow KCHC policies, uphold high ethical and professional standards, and maintain confidentiality and privacy, using tact and good judgment in all dealings with other staff and clients.
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify Human Resources.
Kingston Community Health Centres, 263 Weller Ave. Kingston ON, K7K 2V4