Deadline January 18, 2016
We welcome you to join us in an exploration of the following topics with a focus on aging:
- Aging in Society – Dr. Stephen Katz, Trent University
- Lifelong learning – Pat Spadafora, Sheridan Center for Elder Research
- Sexuality and aging – Celeste Pang, University of Toronto
- Age-Friendly Communities – Sarah Webster, Centre for Studies in Aging & Health
- Dementia Friendly Communities – David Webster, Alzheimer Society of Ontario
- OASIS – promoting independent living – Christine McMillan, OASIS
- Poverty & food security – Tara Kainer, Sisters of Providence
- Advance Care Planning – Neil Elford, Providence Care
- How we talk to older people – Michelle Hauser, Freelance Writer
March 4, 2016
Donald Gordon Conference Centre
We invite undergraduates, graduates and researchers to submit an abstract for a 10 minute oral presentation on their research related to aging. For each accepted presentation, the registration fee of the presenter will be waived.
Dates & Deadlines
- Abstract submission deadline: Monday January 18, 2016
- Oral Presentations will be held Friday March 4, 2016 between 8:00am-4:00pm at the Donald Gordon Conference Centre, 421 Union St. W. Kingston ON K7L 3N6
- Notice of acceptance of your abstract will be sent out via email to the contact author by
- Monday February 8th, 2016.
- Authors must indicate their acceptance to present by Friday February 19th, 2016.
- Abstracts must describe original work, but may have been presented at other conferences
- Email completed abstracts with the subject line: Abstract Submission 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abstracts are to be no longer than 250 words in English, submitted in a Word document
The first page of the document must have the following:
- title of abstract
- author(s) and affiliation
- contact author’s name and email address
- name of presenter
The second page of the document will have the following:
- title of abstract
- purpose/goal of research
- methods including statement of ethics approval
- acknowledgements (including disclosure of grant or financial support)
Authors are responsible for submitting a PowerPoint for submission after acceptance. All presenters are responsible for their own travel expenses.
For more information regarding the abstract submission process please email Gail Hawley
Knowles at email@example.com. Also check our website for conference updates and abstract submission details: http://www.sagelink.ca. Look for registration information in January.