Deadline January 15, 2016
Status: full time
Sector: Community – Family Health Team
LHIN: Central West Local Health Integration Network (CW LHIN)
Region: Peel Region
Deadline: January 15th, 2016
Anticipated Start Date: January 30th, 2016
Queen Square Family Health Team (QSFHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention, to a rostered population of patients in the city of Brampton and surrounding area. The FHT employs an inter-professional team of health care providers who work in a collaborative model of care.
Queen Square Family Health Team (QSFHT) provides interdisciplinary primary health care to a rostered population of patients in the city of Brampton and surrounding area in a collaborative model of care.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides routine primary health care as well as specialized care in the areas of chronic disease management, Geriatric care and Palliative care.
The Family Health Team staff will be working on a schedule that equally meets the needs of the patients and physicians and thus evenings and weekends are expected.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
- Work collaboratively with other team members to manage the needs of the patient roster of the QSFHT
- Conduct comprehensive patient assessment and management, including development of individualized care plan
- including referral to FHT programs and external specialists as appropriate
- Share results of assessment and intervention with referring physicians and other Team clinicians as requested within a specified timeframe.
- Coordinate appropriate diagnostic tests and procedures as per RN (EC) scope of practice, and/or in consultation with family physicians or in accordance with medical directives.
- Work within professional scope of practice and personal competencies
- Evaluate and document outcomes of individual patient care in collaboration with the team.
- On a rotating basis, provide service at the after-hours clinic.
- Undertake home visits as necessary
- Participate as a clinical team member in the development and delivery of targeted programs including but not limited to palliative care, cancer care, case management, chronic disease, mental health and addictions, reproductive and child health
- Collection of data as required for statistical/reporting purposes
- Provide timely and informative reports as directed and requested by the Executive Director and/or Physician Lead.
- Observe, collect and record patient data in the EMR system.
- Participate in team building, program development, and improvement activities.
- Participate in staff meetings, to exchange ideas, receive mutual support and monitor program outcomes as well as present case studies.
- When required, assist in the development and implementation of the clinical model and guidelines for collaborative care
- Comply with established personnel policies, procedures, standards and guidelines for operation.
- Identify gaps and needed modifications in services.
Education, Community Relations and Advocacy:
- Facilitate referrals to other services as well as communication and networking between the primary care practice and hospital or home care.
- Maintain relations with networks, related professional organizations and other related service providers.
- Participate in building creative supportive environments for FHT staff and for patients
- Represent the mission, values and philosophy of the FHT in the community, including networks, meetings or presentations, as requested.
- Assist in the training and supervision of students and/or volunteers as requested by the Executive Director and/or Lead Physician
- Help patients to identify and use health resources
- Involve patients in decisions about their own health
- Support patients in learning how to self manage care
- Initiate and support health education activities
- Identify community needs and resources
- Provide clinical leadership
- Participate in established performance evaluation process and professional development goals.
- Develop, update and maintain education resources.
- Attend relevant conferences, workshops and other in-service events as approved.
- Participate in community meetings as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Physician Lead.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner required
- Completion of a Master Degree in Nursing required / preferred
- Current Membership with RNAO and evidence of liability insurance
- Basic CPR certification.
- At least three year’s experience, preferably in a primary care setting.
- Current experience in geriatrics is an asset
- Clinical nursing practices within the scope of the RN(EC) class
- Knowledge and a demonstrated nursing ability in community health and public health sciences and chronic disease management.
- Knowledge of client-centred philosophy, change management, basic principles and practices of community service delivery, short-term treatment options and chronic disease management models.
- Knowledge of community resources connected to the provision of health promotion and illness prevention related services.
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Work effectively, both independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours (some evening and weekend work may be required).
Queen Square Family Health Team offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental benefits. We also offer an attractive and rewarding work environment. Please note that only positions that work over 21 hours per week will be eligible for the benefit package.
Queen Square Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighbourhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. In Accordance with The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Queen Square Family Health Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following reference in the subject line: NP-21122015
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note any telephone/ email inquiries related to this role won’t be accepted.