Deadline January 10, 2016
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a Manager of the Healthy Communities & Injury Prevention Team. Reporting to the Director of Healthy Living, the successful candidate will provide leadership to a multi-disciplinary team that delivers a wide range of programs and services under the Ontario Public Health Standards. Program areas include: physical activity promotion, healthy community promotion, injury prevention including road safety, child safety, falls prevention for senior populations, alcohol and substance misuse, and the healthy workplace program.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Develop programming in response to changing community health statuses
- Collaborate and consult with community committees, agencies and groups to promote co-operation, avoid duplication, and develop public health programming
- Provide leadership in fostering community attention to identified areas of need and subsequent problem-solving
- Systematically plan, implement, and evaluate programs by completing program reviews in collaboration with staff, community members, and the management team
- Identify public health research issues, conduct and participate in on-going research initiatives in the community where appropriate
- Provide direction, leadership, and support to staff in the on-going management of their responsibilities
- Provide recommendations for establishment of program budgets; monitor revenues and expenditures, and approve purchases in accordance with policy
This position requires a Masters Degree in Nursing, Health Sciences, Administration, Education, Health Promotion, Public Health, or a related field. A minimum of three years’ experience managing people and resources, proven leadership ability, and excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are needed to apply. Five years of nursing or equivalent health experience with demonstrated skills in leadership, community health, and program planning is considered an asset. Preference will be given to those with experience in public health, health promotion strategy, and population health approaches. The ability to communicate in French or other languages would also be considered an asset.
The Health Unit offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package. Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by January 10, 2016 quoting posting # HCIPFTPM-1215-01.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.