Deadline January 17, 2016
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Epidemiologist, within the Foundational Standard Division. Responsibilities include managing areas such as, but not limited to, population health assessment, surveillance and outbreak management.
- Masters in Epidemiology or PhD in Epidemiology or related field, and experience in applied communicable and non-communicable disease epidemiology
- Previous experience in public health with advanced knowledge of current public health issues
- Demonstrated skills in the theory and application of epidemiological concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods to support program planning, evaluation and evidence-informed decision making
- Experience managing staff as well as ability to provide direction and project supervision to data analytic staff, supervise graduate epidemiology students and provide program manager coverage as needed
- Effective project management skills and experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of public health data sources and experience using statistical packages (such as Stata, SPSS); experience using geographic information software is considered an asset
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to prepare written reports and make oral presentations, including the ability to summarize complex data and facilitate the knowledge translation and implementation of results
- Demonstrated ability to provide support to front line practitioners and program managers
- The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by January 17, 2016 quoting posting #FSFTEPI-1215-01.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.