Deadline January 10, 2016
Salary range: $44,516 - $53,633 plus benefit package
Position Type: Full-time 1.0 FTE
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Plan, implement and evaluate the day to day functions of programs and initiatives addressing the determinants of health and the needs of WellFort’s priority populations
- Develop community initiatives to address/ minimize the barriers to accessing health care the population health needs of local residents
- Work with local residents to increase their capacity to advocate on their own behalf when it comes to accessing health, social service and related services.
- Within an interdisciplinary setting provide health education, prevention and self-management tools to clients.
- Promotes awareness of and participation in organizational activities and initiatives; ensures community participation in all aspects of the community engagement process
- Represent WellFort at community events, inter-agency committees, networks and coalitions
- Design and run open and closed ended groups to meet client needs. Creates workshops, health promotion materials and displays
- Maintain accurate program and outreach statistics, records and reports
- Develop an annual work plan and track progress in collaboration with other staff and units
- Undergraduate degree in health sciences, social studies or another relevant field.
- Minimum of three years community outreach and education experience in a community-based health care organization
- Excellent understanding of adult education methodologies and demonstrated experience developing and delivering programs and workshops
- Familiarity with Region of Peel and the diverse range of service providers
- An advanced understanding and critical analysis of the determinants of health and social factors, such as power and privilege that affect individual, organizational and community health
- Ability to establish good working relationships with all interdisciplinary team members.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, along with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficiency in use of computers, various computer software application, and social media
- Languages relevant to Region of Peel residents a definite asset
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
Application deadline: January 10th, 2016
Please go to the following link:
No phone calls please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.