Deadline January 18, 2016
The Diabetes Team at the London InterCommunity Health Centre seeks a Registered Dietitian committed to providing high quality education and health services to people with diabetes, as well as people who are at risk of developing diabetes.
The Dietitian provides medical nutrition therapy and other nutritional care functions to clients and the broader community, which includes counseling in support of behavior change goals that lead to improved clinical outcomes and health status. The Dietitian participates in the development, implementation, facilitation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, families, and the community.
The successful candidate will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team supported by physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, community development workers, and support staff.
- Post secondary degree in food and nutrition, or equivalent, from a recognized university;
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario;
- Certification as a Diabetes Educator or willingness to work towards would be an asset;
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience, preferably in primary care;
- Awareness of and understanding of the social determinates of health, health promotion and Adult Education Principles;
- Experience facilitating individual and group education sessions;
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, non-judgemental and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records in accordance with the Health Centre’s policies;
- Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office Products and Electronic Medical Records (Nightingale on Demand currently in use).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position by forwarding a covering letter, stating the position title, and resume by Monday January 18, 2016 at 4:00pm to the attention of Susan Hocking, Client Services Director.
Mail: London InterCommunity Health Centre
659 Dundas Street
London, Ontario, N5W 2Z1
Fax: (519) 642-1532
We are equal opportunity employers committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve. Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at http://www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.