Deadline January 29, 2016
The ICES Research Practice Department is seeking a motivated Epidemiologist to provide epidemiological expertise and general project oversight in the context of our health services research. As an Epidemiologist, the successful candidate will have the responsibility of providing epidemiological expertise and project management over sight for your assigned project coordinating research projects in collaboration with investigators, students and other research staff. The successful candidate will also demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of concepts and policy implications in regards to health services research. The current posting in available in the Cardiovascular research program within the CANHEART Research Team (www.canheart.ca). The CANHEART initiative was launched in 2012 with support from a 5 year ICRH-CIHR Team Grant focused on Chronic Disease Risk and Intervention Strategies. Led by Dr. Jack Tu, the research team involves over 20 investigators affiliated with ICES from 5 Ontario universities.
Job duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Developing study protocols, data measures, data creation plans, and analytic plans;
- Conducting and interpreting data analyses using population-based health administrative, clinical registry and survey data;
- Contributing to or taking the lead on developing research proposals, writing reports for external stakeholders and scientific manuscripts for academic publication;
- Completing comprehensive literature reviews;
- General project management including managing timelines and deliverables;
- Working collaboratively and effectively with internal teams and external stakeholders; and
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Master’s or PhD. Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health or a related field;
- Minimum two to three years related experience is preferred;
- Experience in Cardiovascular research would be an asset;
- Strong quantitative experience using SAS statistical software would be an asset;
- Aptitude for research methodology and strong project management skills;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience in the application of statistical and epidemiological methods and principles to health services research are preferred;
- Working knowledge of common research and data presentation methodologies, bio-statistical analytic methods applied to health services research.
This position is a two (2) year full-time contract with the possibility of renewal.
ICES offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits, and participation in a defined benefit pension plan with HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan).
Interested candidates should submit their resume, and cover letter detailing how their knowledge, skills, and abilities match the scope of this position no later than Friday January 29, 2016 to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
Please quote job# RDS-15-16
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at ICES. Due to the volume of applications received, only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted for further discussions.
ICES is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, and applicants are asked to make their needs known.