No deadline noted
The Bariatric Medical Institute in Ottawa, an inter-disciplinary weight management office that includes physicians, personal trainers, registered dietitians, a clinical psychologist and a clinical social worker is looking for a part-time dietitian to join our professional and unique team.
We're looking for someone who loves working with people, is great at multi-tasking, is a team player, thrives off of challenge and responsibility and wants to utilize his or her skills in making a dramatic positive difference in people’s lives. Our office is incredibly unique in that enrollment in our program provides patients with unlimited access to dietetic counseling and therefore you’ll have all the time in the world to actually steer people towards healthier lifestyles.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration with inter disciplinary team members
- Positive and non-restrictive approach to weight management
- One-on-one counselling sessions to motivate and help patients live the healthiest lives they can enjoy (not the healthiest lives they can tolerate - we're not about under-eating and/or over-exercising).
- Perform group discussions for general nutrition
- Design individualized nutrition plans based on each individuals’ unique lifestyles, measured resting energy expenditures, and dietary likes and dislikes.
The skills you’ll need:
- Exceptionally strong motivational counselling skills
- Must have excellent listening skills, empathetic and sensitive to patient’s needs. We do not ever utilize negative reinforcement in our counselling.
- Able to adapt nutrition advice to recent scientific research with thoughtful critical appraisal
- Must be innovative and give patients realistic and helpful nutrition advice
- Strong writing skills
- Comfortable giving presentations
- Possess sound professional judgment, initiative and enthusiasm
- Good time management skills and ability to organize
- Good computer skills
The requirements we’re looking for:
- B.Sc in Nutrition
- Completed internship
- Member of governing provincial body and in good standing
- Member of Dietitians of Canada and in good standing
Working with us you will have access to a full gym facility as well as shower and change rooms. Physical activity and healthy living are the primary focus of our work and therefore we view your active lifestyle as a great asset. You will be starting with a fixed number of part time hours, 6-10 hrs/week, with room for growth.
To apply, please send both a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting with you.