Deadline January 31, 2016
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) currently operates a Family Planning and Sexually Transmitted Infections Clinic located at 50 King Street, London, Ontario and a Sexual Health Clinic located at 51 Front Street, Kenwick Mall, Strathroy, Ontario.
Our goal is to support citizens of London and Middlesex County in achieving and maintaining optimal sexual health and reduce the prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases. We provide evidence-based, client-centred, non-judgmental, confidential, accessible and affordable clinical services.
We are currently seeking a physician to serve primarily male and female clients at the drop-in Sexually Transmitted Infections Clinic with availability to work Monday and Wednesday evenings (4pm-8pm) and Friday mornings (8:30am-11am).
Scope of Responsibility:
- Assess, diagnose, and treat sexually transmitted infections according to best practice guidelines and clinic policies and procedures
- Facilitate the achievement and maintenance of sexual health for the citizens living in our community
- Perform Pregnancy tests, counsel and refer for abortions or prenatal care
- Supervise medical students and residents as needed and contribute to their learning in the areas of sexual and reproductive health
- Comply with and support organizational policies and procedures
- Current registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Certification from the College of Family Physicians (CCFP), and/or Fellow of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC)
- Appropriate coverage under the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) or comparable medical legal coverage
- Infectious Disease Specialist would be considered an asset
- Knowledgeable in sexual health, including best practices in diagnosis and management of sexually transmitted infections, and birth control methods
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to provide culturally sensitive, non-judgemental interest and skills in working with diverse and high-risk populations
- Venipuncture experience or willingness to learn
- Teaching experience would be considered an asset
- The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at www.healthunit.com by January 31, 2016 quoting posting # SHPHYOPP-1215-01.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at email@example.com.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.