No deadline noted
Location: Head Office
Accountability: Executive Director
Evaluation: Executive Director
Term and Hours: Full-time, permanent
About Reach for the Rainbow
Reach for the Rainbow (RFTR) is a registered Canadian charity, operating under charitable business number #11911 1748 RR0001. For 30 years, RFTR has been recognized as a critical support system for participants, families, partners and social service agencies which facilitate respite and inclusive recreational opportunities across the Province. The organization provides an essential service to families and care givers; in-take assessments for participants, the training of 1:1 support counsellors, program training to meet the individual needs of each participant, the arrangement of accessible transportation and the loan of special adaptive equipment (terra treks, harnesses, joggers etc.). http://www.reachfortherainbow.ca
As a member of the senior management team the Program Manager reports to the Executive Director. The Program Manager is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of the program, program management, planning and the related development and refinement of all elements of program delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Responsibility #1: Program Management and Planning (55% of time):
Provide strategic direction, coordination and guidance to the team in the management and planning of RFTR programs. This includes:
- Accountable for program annual planning, including timelines, process, templates, budgets, training.
- Responsible for planning, goal setting, resource management, staff development and quality assurance of the program
- Provide oversight and direction to case management, policy development and adherence to quality assurance
- Research and develop new initiatives to assist in meeting budgeted targets
- Supports program staff in coordinating the delivery of programs
- Identifies and coordinates any internal working groups related to program and operations
- Accountable for ensuring that any revised plans and corresponding budgets are of high quality and reviewed in a timely manner
- Oversees quarterly and annual implementation reviews, with a focus on budget vs. actual
- Engages in regular safety and security briefings with all staff
- Responsible for monthly projections
Job Responsibility #2: (Internal team integration (10% of time)
Working closely with the ED, Director of Development and Director of Finance and program delivery partners to ensure the internal viability of RFTR’s programs through coordination and integration of all relevant components of the organization that are required for the achievement of RFTR program priorities. This involves:
- Participation and decision-making in short term and long term program priorities, goals and strategies
- Participation in annual planning process.
- Ensuring team alignment with cross functional team meetings
Job Responsibility #3: Representation (15% of time):
This position leads and supports the representation of the organization and the program team in a number of different venues, both internal and external. The Manager is responsible for the identification, and development of partnerships with community groups, government and non-profit agencies and program partners to assist in the delivery of programs and training. Responsibilities include:
- Identify and develop strategies as it relates to partnership development and program partnership development
- Serve on identified strategic boards, alliances, advisories, working groups to further advance the work of RFTR
- Identify and implement the involvement of program staff taking part in appropriate partnerships
Job Responsibility #4: People (20% of time)
- Completes all performance management activities for direct reports including performance planning, monitoring and regular performance appraisals
- Interviews and selects staff with input from the ED and others, and orients, trains, and coaches direct reports (and other staff) as required
- Recommends or initiates HR changes for direct reports such as merit increases and other salary adjustments, promotions, transfers, terminations, performance improvement plans.
- A university degree and/or equivalent experience in the field of social work, sport & recreation, teaching, public health, social services, integrated health management.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience within a non-profit, public health, or social services sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience and sound knowledge in community development, program delivery, and integration of individuals with disabilities
- Problem solving skills that can be applied at various levels
- Ability to identify and build strong partnerships both internally and externally to further organizational mandate
- Ability to plan, organize and expedite diverse tasks in a timely and efficient manner, working both independently and as a part of a cohesive team.
- A high level of professionalism, integrity and an attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels and a real ability to put forth the mandate of the agency in a consistent and cohesive manner.
- Valid Class “G: Driver’s Licence.
Submit your Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References to: