No deadline noted
Location: Head Office
Accountability: Director of Development
Evaluation: Director of Development
Term and Hours: Full Time
About Reach for the Rainbow
Reach for the Rainbow (RFTR) is a registered Canadian charity, operating under charitable business number #11911 1748 RR0001. For 30 years, RFTR has been recognized as a critical support system for participants, families, partners and social service agencies which facilitate respite and inclusive recreational opportunities across the Province. The organization provides an essential service to families and care givers; in-take assessments for participants, the training of 1:1 support counsellors, program training to meet the individual needs of each participant, the arrangement of accessible transportation and the loan of special adaptive equipment (terra treks, harnesses, joggers etc.). http://www.reachfortherainbow.ca
The position will be responsible for assisting with and implementing the vision and strategy for fundraising and donor development, and executing against this strategy. This will include corporate sponsorships and donations, individual donations, foundation and government grants and planned giving programs. S/he will develop and nurture corporate and community partners for the purposes of fundraising and development and to elevate the profile of RFTR within the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
Corporate Donations/Sponsorships (30% of time)
- Develop and build relationships with community businesses.
- Plan and execute corporate sponsorship programs.
Foundations/Government (20% of time)
- Target best fit opportunities and manage the grant process through Foundations and Government agencies for grants and prepare grant proposals for said opportunities.
Individual Donation (30% of the time)
- Develop and build relationships with potential & existing donors to maximize giving potential.
- Privacy, Ethics and Accountability
- Ensure all fundraising activities adhere to federal and provincial legislation as well as RFTR’s policies.
Other (20% of time)
- Submit annual revenue & expense projections in support of budgeting process.
- Maintain all donor and fund development records.
- Complete and maintain a 5 year fundraising plan and ensure fundraising and development activities are effectively linked to and support the organizational strategy for RFTR.
- Ensure proper records of donations and tax receipts in coordination with the Director of Finance.
- Assist in creating/maintaining the fundraising pitch that will be communicated to the public in an effort to solicit donors as part of the communication plan.
- Advise the Board of Directors of new revenue/fundraising opportunities, including developments in the fundraising field.
- Participate in RFTR’s strategic planning.
- Complete a yearly performance appraisal including goals and objectives for the coming year.
- Assist lead manager/coordinator on assigned internal Special Events & external 3rd party events; ie; The Manitoulin Charity Golf Tournament and The Capital One Ultimate Charity Golf Challenge
- Identify and implement new 3rd party fundraising initiatives.
- Assist with special event setup and operations as part of the agency team as requested.
- Support corporate mandate to utilize Raiser’s Edge and increase overall operating efficiencies.
- Provide ad-hoc support for other duties and projects that may be assigned.
- Personable, interested in others, a relationship builder and a superior listener.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends with travel.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, diplomacy, sensitivity to confidential information and sound judgment.
- Confident self-starter; high level of independence in accomplishing development responsibilities in the absence of ongoing support; knows when and what is important to share with the Board of Directors.
- Accountable for decisions and results driven.
- Creativity and innovation to identify and develop new opportunities and react and adapt to changing situations.
- Confident in working independently as well as a team player.
- A demonstrated commitment to the RFTR’s vision, mission and values.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Degree in business, fundraising, communications, management or related discipline or equivalent education and proven relevant experience.
- Accreditation as a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE), or working towards designation.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of professional fundraising experience of which two years is major gifts focus or related.
- Demonstrated experience securing large gift commitments and developing relationships with donors and prospects.
- Proven ability to develop and negotiate complex relationships and proposals.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, (visual, verbal, public speaking) coupled with highly refined influencing and negotiation skills.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle.
- Knowledge of financial processes related to major gift and planned giving.
- Previous experience working and/or volunteering within the non-profit sector.
- Proficiency working in a Microsoft Office environment, including database management and computer programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Razer’s Edge.
- Proven experience and success with special events management, sales and marketing.
- Solid experience in the solicitation of product at varying levels, together with the expertise to develop strong and lasting corporate partnerships.
- Ability to plan, organize and expedite diverse tasks in a timely and efficient manner, working both independently and as a part of a cohesive team.
- A confident individual, able to spearhead a special event in an effective and productive manner to produce maximum financial results.
Submit your Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References to: