Deadlines February 16 & 19, 2016
Internal/External Job Posting
1 Permanent Full-Time position
Posting Number: 2016-003
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood Centre and Community Health Centre (DPNCHC) is a multi-service organization that provides a wide variety of health and community programs and services for a diverse community. Our health team is seeking an energetic counsellor/therapist who will provide one to one and group counselling for youth, adults, families or groups facing difficult situations that impact their health and social well-being. You'll work with a team of physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurse, dietitian, physiotherapist, psychiatric consultant and other mental health professionals. The successful candidate will be expected to work one evening a week, and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Provides psychosocial assessment and counseling services to youth, adults and family members with mental health concerns
- Provides information and individual advocacy and /or links clients to internal DPNCHC resources for support in the following areas: mental health, housing, income support, and addiction treatment programs, food and clothing, health services, employment and legal services
- Provides client-centered case management and coordinates services in the Health Centre, Neighbourhood Centre programs, the community and in institutional settings
- Provides groups and workshops for clients in collaboration with other staff and/or partner agencies
- Ensures comprehensive treatment for clients by providing information to other team members on an ongoing basis and by providing consultation on psychosocial issues to Health Centre and Neighbourhood Centre staff
- Coordinates intake of new clients for the counselling team
- Graduate degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university
- Registration with the College of Social Workers or College of Registered Psychotherapists
- A minimum of three years experience in counseling/therapy, preferably in a community health setting
- Experience working with clients with mental health and addictions issues
- Experience and expertise in providing counselling to youth
- Proficiency in current assessment, psychotherapy, DBT and psychosocial counseling techniques for working with youth, adults, couples, families, groups
- Knowledge of community-based health services including the special needs of priority populations (e.g. newcomers, low income, people with addictions, post psychiatric, abuse survivors, etc.)
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Caseload management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with changing client groups from diverse cultural backgrounds and needs
- Interest in exploring innovative service delivery approaches
- Additional language skills in Portuguese or Spanish, an asset
- Knowledge of the Davenport Perth community is an asset
Salary range: $56,365-$67,908 per annum, plus extended health benefits. This position is part of the bargaining unit.
Submit cover letter and resume via email: Posting: 2016-003 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1900 Davenport Road, Toronto, ON. M6N 1B7.
- Internal Applicants: 5 pm, Feb. 16, 2016.
- External Applicants: 5 pm, Feb. 19, 2016.
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre encourages applications from candidates, whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class, gender /sexual orientation, including those who may need accommodation. As a condition of employment, all prospective employees will be required to undertake a Vulnerable Sector Screening with Police Services. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. DPNCHC is a perfume free environment.