Deadline March 2, 2016
Requisition #: 381646
Union: HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
Title: Health Promotion Facilitator II
Department: (COM) DIVERSE POPULATIONS
Posting Open Date: 2016-02-11
Posting Close Date: 2016-03-02
Location: Southport – At
Employee Class: Regular Full-Time
Date Available: 2016-03-14
Hours Per Shift: 7.75
Length of Shift Cycle: 2
Shift Per Cycle: 10
Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
Rates of Pay: Minimum: 40.12 per hour Maximum: 53.39 per hour
Vehicle Required: No
Category: Health Promotion/Public Health
Working with a high degree of independence and under the direction of the three Healthy Public Policy Unit (HPPU) Co-Directors, this position is responsible for investigating, planning, developing, implementing, evaluating and reporting on health promotion, disease and injury prevention policies, projects and initiatives using a population health promotion approach. The position collaborates with diverse stakeholders including team members, other internal staff and departments, government, community partners and external agencies. The position informs and advises senior level officials to support decision making and for the improvement of population level health outcomes through the identification and implementation of mid and upstream interventions that promote health and reduce health inequities.
Location negotiable in Alberta
Healthy Public Policy Development and Advocacy:
- identifies social, political, economic, and environmental factors that influence health
- recommends and implements evidence-informed strategies to address identified priorities and improve population health
- leads and coordinates the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of policies, projects and initiatives in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders
- manages projects using standardized tools and techniques that are conducive to or aligned with population health practices
- works with internal and external partners to promote, develop and support explicit mechanisms to enable mid and upstream activities
- uses a collaborative systems approach to problem solving and analysis
- functions as an expert content consultant to internal and external partners that are working to influence the development and implementation of healthy public policies
- develops, exchanges and translates population and public health, social determinants of health, and health equity knowledge to stakeholders, including senior level public policy decision makers and authorities
- provides measured and strategic policy advice, counsel and briefings to senior level officials
Evaluation and Applied Research:
- conducts situational analyses, literature reviews, environmental and policy context scans, surveys, focus groups, community assessments, root cause analyses, community asset mapping and other applied research methods to make recommendations as part of an integrated planning and evaluation process
- analyzes and interprets health-related data and identified population health trends
- identifies research priorities and leads or participates in healthy public policy research
- develops and implements evaluation plans for the purposes of determining effectiveness and for continuous learning and improvement
- develops, coordinates and leads quality improvement processes to ensure effective and efficient policy, project and initiative implementation
- provides expert consultation related to key content and health promotion strategies, including embedding health equity considerations and advocating for healthy public policy
- develops project funding proposals for submission and approval
- develops and enhances staff core competencies in recognizing upstream opportunities to improve health and to apply a health equity lens
- facilitates community and staff engagement and builds capacity around population health priorities
- Master’s degree in public or population health, health promotion, public administration, nursing or a related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years relevant health promotion, population and public health experience required.
- Experience should include project management, quantitative and qualititative research, evaluation and policy analysis.
- Knowledge of population and public health, social determinants of health, health equity and healthy public policy
- Experience working independently in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated success in developing, leading, and managing multiple projects and multi-partner initiatives
- Extensive experience developing and actioning project and work plans
- Strong applied research skills and experience including conducting literature reviews, environmental and policy context scans, situational and needs analyses, community assessments, community asset mapping, root cause analysis, etc.
- Strong evaluation skills and experience
- Demonstrated success in establishing cooperative and collaborative relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Familiarity with health marketing and social media would be an asset
- AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to AHS in compliance with the AHS Security Screening Directive.
All postings close at 23:59 of the posting close date indicated.
To apply online visit https://albertahealthservices.ats.hrsmart.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi....