Deadline March 24, 2016
Employment Opportunity – Full Time
The Diabetes Team at the London InterCommunity Health Centre seeks a full time Registered Nurse committed to providing high quality education and health services to people living with diabetes, as well as people who are at risk of developing diabetes.
The Registered Nurse, Diabetes provides high quality diabetes care, prevention services, education and programs to clients of the Health Centre and the broader community. In this role, the successful candidate will foster collaboration and partnerships for ongoing development, delivery and evaluation of community-based diabetes programming.
The Registered Nurse, Diabetes works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team supported by physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians, social workers, community development workers, and support staff.
- Post secondary diploma (RN) or degree (BScN) from a recognized college or university;
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Certification as a Diabetes Educator or willingness to work towards would be an asset;
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience, preferably in a primary care;
- Awareness of, and understanding of, the social determinates of health, health promotion and Adult Education Principles;
- Experience facilitating individual and group education sessions;
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, non-judgemental and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records in accordance with the Health Centre’s policies;
- Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office Products and Electronic Medical Records (Nightingale on Demand currently in use).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position by forwarding a covering letter, stating the position title in your covering letter, and resume by Thursday March 24, 2016 at 4:00pm to the attention of Susan Hocking, Client Services Director:
Mail: London InterCommunity Health Centre
659 Dundas Street
London, Ontario, N5W 2Z1
Fax: (519) 642-1532
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at http://www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.