March 9, 2016
This Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) webinar will provide an introduction to Sickle Cell Disease and describe the nurses’ role in caring for clients with this disorder.
- Recognize sickle cell as a multi-system genetic disorder.
- Recognize pain as the most common presentation; pain is mostly acute but can become chronic.
- Be aware of the breadth of issues related to sickle cell including its broad manifestation and social impact.
- Understand the nurses’ role in responding to clients with sickle cell.
- Be aware of community groups and advocacy organizations that they can support with their time.
You do not have to pre-register for this event. For more information visit http://rnao.ca/events/sickle-cell-what-every-nurse-should-know.