Deadline March 20, 2016
0.8 FTE 1 year contract
Salary range: $35,168 - $42,371 Plus a benefits package including HOOPP pension.
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
WellFort is now recruiting for a Dental Receptionist for its dental clinic (Health n’ Smiles) located in Bramalea.
- Answers incoming calls, makes appointments for clinical providers, takes and relays messages and books appointments for referrals.
- Schedules appointments in accordance with the dental clinics policy and procedures.
- Calls clients to confirm appointments.
- Ensures that all appropriate forms are completed prior to client receiving service.
- Assist clients with forms completions and ensures forms are accurate and signed.
- Maintains and keeps current all dental records and the dental filing system in a prescribe manner and in accordance with ODA standards.
- Ensures and protects client confidentiality at all times.
- Determines and confirms insurance coverage, explains costs and insurability to patients and processes all billings, including accounts receivable.
- Performs administrative duties and provides administrative support to providers.
- Occasional chair-side backup support
- Relevant knowledge and experience attained through graduation from a recognized College/University in Dental Office Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience required
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Abeldent and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to function and work cooperatively a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience working in a value based non-profit or social services organization.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi task and appropriately prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- CDA certificate an asset to allow backup support
- Ability to speak languages relevant to residents of the Region of Peel is an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted. This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please quote “DRec” in the subject line.
Or go to the following link to apply:
Application deadline: March 20, 2016
No phone calls please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.