Deadline March 23, 2016
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an opportunity for a temporary, part-time Program Evaluator to work with our Child Health and Young Adult teams. This position is located at MLHU’s 50 King Street location and will conclude in December 2016. The successful candidate will work with managers and program staff specifically on these teams, as well as their community partners, to develop, implement, and evaluate programs and services.
Under the direction of the Manager, Young Adult Team, the incumbent will:
- Consult, lead, and collaborate with program staff and community partners in the planning and evaluation of public health programs and services;
- Engage in knowledge seeking (e.g., literature searches, environmental scans, etc.) and knowledge synthesis;
- Develop program and evaluation recommendations, and disseminate results in the form of presentations and written reports;
- Provide evaluative consultations; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Health Sciences or one of the Social Sciences such as Psychology, Sociology, or Education is required.
- Knowledge and experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and data analysis, including critical appraisal skills.
- Previous experience addressing applied evaluation questions, preferably in a health or human services organization.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support to frontline practitioners and program managers.
- Knowledge of mental well-being and health promotion are assets.
- Strong background in project management with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) is required.
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects, meet specified deadlines and shift focus to respond to urgent needs.
- The ability to communicate (oral and written) in any other language(s) is highly desirable.
The Health Unit offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package. Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by March 23, 2016 quoting posting # YACHPTPEOPP-0316.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate in your cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.