Deadline March 20, 2016
The Middlesex London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager, within the Healthy Start Division. Reporting to the Director of the Healthy Start Division, and working within a leadership team, this Program Manager will oversee MLHU’s Best Beginnings & Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) program. They will provide nursing and clinical practice leadership, and will be responsible for effective and efficient delivery of the Healthy Babies Healthy Children (HBHC) program, as well as the soon-to-be-launched NFP program.
The successful candidate will use their experience and skills to maintain a vibrant and cohesive team. Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Engage in program planning, implementation, and evaluation;
- Ensure fidelity to the NFP model and guidelines;
- Act as a mentor and resource for staff;
- Promote evidence-informed practice;
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage budgets;
- Oversee continuous quality improvement and risk management;
- Provide direct nursing care by assuming responsibility for a small client caseload in accordance with the NFP model;
- Contribute to the realization of MLHU’s vision and mission while striving to consistently live out
- MLHU’s values; and,
- Support the implementation of MLHU’s current strategic plan.
- BScN Degree, current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, and a Master’s degree in a Health or related discipline.
- A minimum of five years of public health nursing experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and attributes as outlined in the Community Health Nurses of
- Canada’s Public Health Nursing Discipline Specific Competencies document, at a level
- consistent with a manager or leader role.
- Experience and expertise in providing home visits to vulnerable families.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience and excellence in leading and managing programs and professionals.
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) in French and/or any other language(s) is highly desirable.
The Health Unit offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package. Please see
http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page
at http://www.healthunit.com by March 20, 2016 quoting posting # BBNFPFTPM-0316.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at email@example.com.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.