Deadline April 29, 2016
The Peel institute on Violence Prevention – Family Services of Peel would like to build a dialogue on innovative approaches to preventative services, policy development and research on interpersonal violence by sharing the collective wisdom developed during the past 30 years.
We are bringing front-line practitioners together, i.e., survivors, community health workers, nurse practitioners, community workers, social service workers, youth workers, physicians, policy makers, researchers and academics, housing workers, and more…
June 22-24, 2016
University of Toronto, Mississauga Campus
- To foster discussions that will allow us to apply an anti-racism and anti-oppression analysis to our current and future policies and services for survivors of interpersonal violence.
- To raise awareness of the impact of social determinants of health and well-being in the collection of data that will influence new approaches to policies and services for survivors of interpersonal violence.
- To advise the seamless approach to organization of services for survivors of trauma, mental health and addiction.
- To promote a client-centered approach to service organization.
- To explore and develop survivor informed and mutually informed research, policy and services.
We are excited to share with you the results we have achieved, facilitate a fulsome discussion, and explore new partnership strategies and opportunities. We hope that you will be able to join us since your expertise is important as we explore the results achieved and continue our work.
Please submit an abstract. We are looking for those unique case studies, innovate inter-sectorial collaborations, identification of gaps in data collection and analysis as well as creative methodologies to address services, programs, policies, and research.
Abstract Submissions Close: Friday, April 29, 2016 by 5:00 p.m. EST
For more information on the event and abstract submission, visit http://fspeel.org/?tribe_events=peel-institute-on-violence-prevention-sy....
To register, send and e-mail to email@example.com.