June 13, 2016
8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Room 132, 500 University Avenue
The goals of this forum are to:
- increase awareness of alcohol as a carcinogen;
- encourage participants to discuss related issues and initiatives in their communities; and
- brainstorm on next steps.
- Linda Rabeneck, Vice President, Prevention and Cancer Control, Cancer Care Ontario
- Kevin Shield, Post-doc, WHO International Agency for Research on Cancer
- John Atkinson, Director, Cancer Prevention, Canadian Cancer Society
- Samantha Cukier, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Beth Easton, Specialist on Cancer Prevention
- Charles Gardner, Medical Officer of Health, Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
- Norman Giesbrecht, Senior Scientist Emeritus, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Register with Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/alcohol-is-our-favourite-drug-a-carcinogen-t....
There is no registration fee. A light breakfast, coffee, and snacks will be provided. This event is wheelchair accessible.
This forum is presented by the Toronto Cancer Prevention Coalition-Alcohol Working Group and its member organizations: Toronto Public Health, Canadian Cancer Society, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and Cancer Care Ontario.