April 19 and 20, 2016
The Eaton Chelsea Hotel, Downtown Toronto 33 Gerrard Street West
The Ontario Bike Summit provides a forum for decision-makers to be inspired by best practices from around Ontario and beyond, to gain the practical skills necessary to act on that inspiration and to build new connections to learn from the growing network of people interested in making Ontario the best place in Canada to ride a bike.
This year's theme will be "What's Next for Cycling" and will include:
- Keynote addresses from Nicole Freedman (Chief of Active Transportation & Partnerships, City of Seattle); Kathryn McGarry (Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Transportation) and Peter de Jager (writer and expert on issues of municipal change)
- Welcoming remarks from members of the Queen's Park All-Party Cycling Caucus
- Presentations and workshops addressing our summit theme focusing on innovative engagement, data collection, leveraging open data and network maintenance
- An Open Space session on "Growing Cycling in Rural & Northern Ontario"
- The 2016 Bicycle Friendly Communities Awards Reception
- Pre-summit sessions including a Toronto Bike Ride and Tour, Ride with an Olympian at the Milton Velodrome and the ever popular Bicycle Friendly Communities seminar
For more information or to register, please visit http://www.sharetheroad.ca/obs.
Please contact Hazel at email@example.com if you have any questions.