Skills Online is an award-winning, continuing education program that helps build the skills and knowledge you need to meet the competencies for public health practice. The program lets you fit learning into your schedule and connects you with knowledgeable, trained facilitators who guide you through your learning.
Skills Online helps you:
- meet the requirements for the Core Competencies in Public Health in Canada
- build your professional networks
- use data and data sources more effectively
- deepen your understanding of key public health principles, concepts and terminology
- communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues and partners
Registration for Spring facilitated courses is from March 28 to May 1, 2016. Self-directed courses are available at any time during the year.
To register or for detailed descriptions of current courses, visit http://www.skillsonline.ca.
- EPI1–Basic Epidemiological Concepts
- EPI2–Measurement of Health Status
- EPI3–Epidemiological Methods
- APP1–Outbreak Investigation and Management
- APP2–Epidemiology of Chronic Diseases
- EVA1–Introduction to Evaluation
- HLT1–Health Literacy for Public Health Practitioners
- STA1–Introduction to Biostatistics
- SUR1–Introduction to Surveillance
- SUR2–Communicating Data Effectively
- COR1–Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada Toolkit (free)
- IHR–Introduction to the International Health Regulations (2005) (free) – NEW!!
- PHP1–Introduction to Public Health in Canada (free)
- PHP4–Introduction to Literature Searching (free)
Skills Online is part of the Skills Enhancement for Public Health program at the Public Health Agency of Canada.