April 27, 2016
9:00-11:00 a.m. EDT
This two-hour webinar aims to reduce global misunderstanding about what we call the work we do. It will consist of short presentations of different approaches to helping people eat better: Behaviour Change, Social Marketing, (Food and) Nutrition Education, and Health Promotion. Each presentation will define one approach, describe its essential processes, differentiate it from other approaches, and list its key elements and principles. The audience will initially complete a mini-survey, and will comment, question, discuss and vote during the webinar. They will also say if they would like further discussion to expand the concepts, debate their value, and move towards an integrated model.
This webinar does not aim to instruct the world in nutrition education principles and processes, but to agree in outline on what is meant by the terms, differentiate between the approaches, identify common processes and values and hence strengthen the professional community by building shared concepts and clearing the ground for further discussion of impact and value.
- Isobel Contento, PhD, Webinar Chair, Columbia University Teachers College
- Ann Jimerson, FHI 360, Alive & Thrive
- Susan Baker, EdD, Colorado State University
- Mary Packard, PhD, Food and Nutrition Technical Assistance Project (FANTA III)
- Shubhada Kanani, PhD, MS University of Baroda, Vadodara, India
- Jane Sherman, MA, BPhil, DipEd, formerly of the FAO
- Melissa Vargas, Nutrition Education Consultant, FAO
- Cristina Alvarez, Doctoral Fellow, Teachers College, Columbia University, Chair, Spanish-language webinar
- Yenory Hernandez-Garbanzo, PhD, Moderator, Moderator, FAO
This webinar is free to all attendees and will be recorded. If you are unable to attend the live webinar you are encouraged to register to receive the recording and all related material. Attendees will earn 1 CPE from the Commission on Dietetic Registration Also mark your calendar for a Spanish language panel hosted by Red ICEAN to cover this same topic - http://www.red-icean.org/
Register online at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3334779557714373122.