North York, Ontario
Deadline April 22, 2016
If you are passionate about a career in helping all children and youth value and enjoy the lifelong benefits of healthy active living, we want to meet you!
Ophea is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals and a mandate to support schools and communities through quality programs and services, partnerships and advocacy. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
The Bilingual Projects Coordinator coordinates all aspects of Ophea’s programs and initiatives as assigned. This includes the execution and implementation of the logistical details within projects, at conferences and events etc. This position supports the Project Leaders and Directors in the planning, reporting and administration processes including evaluation, communications and technology activities. This is a one year maternity leave replacement contract position beginning in mid May 2016.
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required:
- Post secondary education in Physical and Health Education, Sport Administration, Business or related discipline. Knowledge of the health and physical activity community particularly as it pertains to children and youth is asset.
Skills & Experience required:
- Six months - two years experience required in the execution of events, training sessions, presentations, program development, evaluation and meetings. General understanding of project management and budgeting is also a requirement. Computer experience in word processing, excel, powerpoint, data base management, and the Internet is required. Bilingualism is a requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative and coordination supports to the execution of logistics for programs and initiatives as assigned
- Supports Initiative leads with budgets specific to programs and initiatives
- Assists with planning and reporting of programs as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations no later than
April 22, 2016 to:
1 Concorde Gate, Suite 608
North York, Ontario M3C 3N6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
e-mail: [email protected]
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.