Deadline April 24, 2016
1 Part-time Position; 1 Part-time School-Year Position
The Middlesex-London Health Unit is currently seeking two experienced part-time Program Administrative Assistants to work on the Vaccine Preventable Disease team, within the Environmental Health & Infectious Diseases Division. Candidates should be interested in working half days and/or full days, generally Monday through Friday, with a possibility of occasional evening hours.
- Answer a busy phone line and triage calls related to communicable disease and immunizations;
- Respond to inquiries from the Public and redirect to appropriate staff when required;
- Provide support for busy school-based immunization programs, including ordering clinic supplies, packing supplies for off-site clinics, etc.;
- Schedule appointments, and handle faxes and mail, including preparation of program mail-outs;
- Enter data into databases, run routine reports, file documents, and other record keeping;
- Enter statistical information into Ministry-based software programs;
- Prepare and issue receipts, invoices, and statements;
- Provide back-up to specific areas within the Health Unit; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school graduate with an additional year of secretarial studies.
- Demonstrated ability to enter data into databases with a high level of accuracy and speed.
- Previous experience answering a busy phone and triaging calls is preferred.
- Proficient in computer applications, such as Access and Excel.
- Ability to balance changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a professional, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Flexible work hours are required, with the flexibility to work 7-hour days for vacation coverage or other short absences.
- Knowledge of client needs related to immunizations and communicable diseases is considered an asset.
- The ability to communicate (written and verbal) in any other languages is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by April 24, 2016 quoting posting # VPDSYPA3-0316.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate in your cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.