Deadline May 9, 2016
Our client, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is the self-regulating body for the province's medical profession. The College regulates the practice of medicine to protect and serve the public interest. It issues certificates of registration to doctors to allow them to practise medicine, monitors and maintains standards of practice through peer assessment and remediation and investigates complaints against doctors on behalf of the public.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario is seeking an analytic and discerning leader to join the Compliance Monitoring and Supervision Division of the Investigations and Resolutions Department as a Compliance Case Manager.
In this role, you will be responsible for end to end file management of complex and high risk orders, undertakings, and decisions handed down by various CPSO Committees relating to physician conduct and practice. You will analyze case files relating to preceptorships, clinical supervision programs, practice restriction monitoring, and other programs, and will independently determine which components require monitoring or supervision and which specific follow-up activities will be required. Your experience developing solutions to complex problems will assist you in carrying out compliance visits and practice reassessments and addressing non-compliance where required.
You will liaise with internal and external stakeholders and use your superior written and verbal communication skills to draft clear and concise reports and undertakings for legal or committee review. Additionally, you will assist the Manager with production, review, and analysis of compliance monitoring data, statistics, reports, and workflow, and review and draft policies and procedures when required.
- A university degree required in law or nursing/healthcare
- A minimum of 2 years practice in law or 5 years of nursing in a hospital setting
- Demonstrated experience in project management; risk or general management is an asset
- Superior analytical, time management, and organization skills
- Proven ability to manage complex workload independently and to achieve challenging goals
- Knowledge of the Regulated Health Professions Act and other related legislation
- Knowledge of administrative law, healthcare systems, key stakeholders and medical terminology
- Advanced proficiency with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010
The College offers a flexible 35 hour week and is located at 80 College St., Toronto, ON.
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume by May 9, 2016.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
HR Associates is the exclusive search partner to College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Please visit us at http://www.hrassociates.ca.