No deadline noted
Are you interested in working with a national organization promoting physical activity in Canada?
Do you have an interest in social marketing, physical activity and sport or the non-profit/charitable sector?
ParticipACTION is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to help Canadians sit less and move more. Originally established in 1971, ParticipACTION works with its partners, which include sport, physical activity, recreation organizations, government and corporate sponsors, to make physical activity a vital part of everyday life.
ParticipACTION manages and supports a variety of initiatives including the ParticipACTION Teen Challenge, a community-based physical activity initiative for youth 13-19, a national initiative to celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary through physical activity and sport, RBC Learn to Play, a granting program to support physical literacy, as well as ongoing communications with the public and physical activity partners across the country.
- Reporting to the Director of Projects, the Projects Coordinator is responsible for the planning, implementation and coordination of activities supporting numerous projects within ParticipACTION.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring and updating activity plans and assists with plan creation
- Coordinates the development and implementation of project specific activities
- Liases with project implementation team to ensure tasks are completed on time
- Plans project team meetings, coordinates logistics, prepares and circulates meeting materials and minutes and liaises with project team as needed
- Identifies any issues requiring support and brings to the attention of the Project Lead
- Supports the development of reports and other documents as guided by the Projects Lead or other staff members
- Responds to on-line and phone requests for information and materials from organizations and the public
- Conducts on-line research and compiles findings.
- Communicates with and manages relationships with external parties including multiple partners in the physical activity and sport sectors at the national, provincial and local level as guided by projects staff
- Undertakes stakeholder outreach and engagement in various projects
- Provides input to website development and updates and supports users with website related questions or issues.
- Provides support to Director of Projects, Projects Lead and organization overall as required.
- Assist in compiling, analyzing and reporting on project evaluation results.
- 2-3 years’ experience
- Undergrad in health promotion, kinesiology, sport administration, business or related fields.
- Strong interest in health, physical activity and sport
- Proficient in MS Office programs and Outlook
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in project management and implementation
- Works well in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please send both a COVER LETTER and a resume to email@example.com. Please specify your salary expectations in your cover letter.