A research study through Bloorview Research Institute and Ability Online
What is this study about?
Are you a youth or young adult with a physical disability?
Consider participating in a study about preparing for employment.
We want to understand whether our employment program is useful for youth who are preparing for work. We are comparing two different online employment programs. We will provide weekly topics and resources. We want to understand your experiences in looking getting ready for work.
Who can participate?
We are looking for:
- youth with a physical disability, aged 15-25; or a parent of a youth with a physical disability
- able to read/write in English
- currently enrolled in or recently completed high school (for youth)
- have access to a computer and internet
participants will be asked to take part in:
- log into the discussion at least once a week for 12 weeks (new topic each week)
- complete a survey at the beginning and end of the program
What are the risks and benefits of participating?
A risk of participating includes the uncertainty of the intervention improving employment opportunities.
A benefit of participating includes helping us to learn whether our employment readiness topics meet the needs of youth with disabilities.
Please contact us if you would like to take part or if you'd like more information.
Sally Lindsay, PhD
Scientist, Bloorview Research Institute, Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital &
Assistant Professor, Dept. Occupational Science & Occupational Therapy, University of Toronto
150 Kilgour Road
Toronto, Ontario M4G 1R8
Phone: 416 425 6220 ext. 3654