June 1, 2016
11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. (EDT)
Harm reduction aims to reduce the negative health, social, and economic consequences associated with substance use without necessarily leading to cessation of a substance. This webinar will provide a foundational overview of harm reduction, where attendees will learn about the evidence supporting a harm reduction approach to substance use, and understand how harm reduction can be incorporated into their work.
This webinar is being co-hosted by the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, and CAMH PSSP’s Opioid Resource Hub.
- Discuss a range of harm reduction approaches at the individual and system levels
- Hear first-hand about the successes and challenges of using a harm reduction approach in a variety of settings
- Identify practical approaches health care providers can take to incorporate harm reduction into their work
- Joel Boivin, RN BScN. Réseau ACCESS Network, Sudbury
- Luc Cormier, RN MN. Sandy Hill Community Health Centre, Ottawa
Registration Link: https://myrnao.ca/june1
For more information, please contact Kyle Dieleman at email@example.com