Deadline June 10, 2016
Parent Action on Drugs (PAD) is looking for an experienced professional with strong knowledge of substance misuse, prevention, youth resiliency and mental health issues. The successful applicant will manage PAD’s program development and implementation activities, including funding proposals, coordinating, monitoring and promoting services and resources, evaluation and basic research.
PAD is a forward-looking not-for profit organization which addresses the multi-factored issues concerning youth substance use. We are a small provincial organization developing and delivering multiple programs and resources for parents and youth and those who support them.
We are seeking a Program Development Manager who will contribute to the planning, expansion and evaluation of PAD’s bank of programs and resources while successfully collaborating with PAD staff, external partners, funders and other stakeholders.
The Program Development Manager is required to have a diverse skill-set, including strategic thinking, strong people skills, excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to facilitate collaboration and cooperation. Familiarity and comfort with social media is important. Bilingualism is an asset.
Overview of Position:
This position plans and develops PAD programs, resources, knowledge translation activities and other services based on current research and evidence, researches and completes funding proposals to sustain and expand programs, and promotes programs and resources in on-and-offline formats including brochures, websites, webinars, social media, networking and presentations. This position also provides support to HC Link activities as needed.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Program and Resource Development – Plan and create new products (curricula, brochures, websites, and others) and reviews and revises current ones, including on-line components
- Knowledge Translation – Ensure PAD programs and resources reflect up-to-date, research-informed information and disseminate current and evolving information via workshops, presentations, webinars and other means of communication
- Fund Development and Proposal Writing - Research funding opportunities and write funding proposals
- Evaluation and Report Preparation - Develop and use program evaluation protocols and tools, performance indicators and prepare activity/progress reports and program summaries
- Promotion of PAD Programs and Resources – Develop and implement PAD’s communication plan and promote PAD’s programs, resources and knowledge exchange products on and off line, within networks, on websites, list serves, and social media
Educational and/or Professional Qualifications and Required Knowledge:
- University degree required, graduate education preferred/asset, preferably in Health Promotion, Public Health or Education or a comparable level of combined education/experience.
- 3 – 5 years of progressive experience in knowledge product and resource/tool development
- Current knowledge of substance misuse prevention field and related current issues in mental health and addictions and youth engagement
- Experience in knowledge translation methodology, preferably within the addictions/prevention/ youth service fields including the ability to conduct environmental scans, review literature and monitor news media and research
- Experience in report and proposal writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make effective presentation
- A collaborator with superior interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and work with diverse groups and individuals
- Demonstrated experience in communications and content development; experience in updating websites and social media would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity
- Fluency in French would be considered an asset
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, in confidence to Diane Buhler, firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.