Deadline June 1, 2016
Reports To/Supérieur Hiérarchique: Team Lead, PTCC
Location/Emplacement: Toronto, Ontario
Status/Situation: Permanent Full-Time
No. Of Vacancies/Nombre De Postes Vacants: 1 Hire
Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) -- an Ontario government agency -- drives quality and continuous improvement in disease prevention and screening, the delivery of care and the patient experience, for cancer, chronic kidney disease and access to care for key health services.
Known for its innovation and results driven approaches, CCO leads multi-year system planning, contracts for services with hospitals and providers, develops and deploys information systems, establishes guidelines and standards and tracks performance targets to ensure system-wide improvements in cancer, chronic kidney disease and access to care.
Our employees are our greatest asset. They bring our vision to life, embody our culture, represent what we stand for and most importantly, are the face of CCO.
We are committed to creating an environment where you are inspired to do your best work, feel valued for the work you do, and have an opportunity to make a difference. To enable a culture that fosters a sense of community where we work together and support each other for a better future, we embody the following People Values:
- We are rooted in integrity
- We are driven by accountability
- We are empowered by our partnerships
- We are unified in our purpose
Our People Values are essentially how we do our work and how we treat each other. As a people-centered organization, we are looking for employees who model our values so that together, we can create the best health systems in the world.
Position Summary/Résumé Du Poste:
The Program Training and Consultation Centre (PTCC) is the lead Ontario provincial tobacco control resource centre responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating tobacco control capacity building and knowledge exchange programs and services in support of the Smoke Free Ontario Strategy (SFO). Funded by Public Health Ontario, PTCC is a partnership of Cancer Care Ontario and the Propel Centre for Population Health Impact.
Our programs are targeted to Ontario tobacco control staff working in local public health departments, the staff and volunteers of community partner agencies, including community health centres, other NGOs, and family health teams.
To build the capacity of tobacco control practitioners to deliver effective tobacco control initiatives PTCC offers a variety of carefully designed programs and services such as:
- technical assistance, training & resource development
- knowledge development and exchange to increase the use of research and practice-based evidence
- media relations training and consultation services through the Media Network
- referrals to other SFO funded resource centres
Please see our website for more details: http://www.ptcc-cfc.on.ca/english/Site-Home/
We require a Coordinator - Training (Web and Digital) to fulfill three major areas of responsibility: a) communication and technical support for online webinars; b) development and design of promotional materials and online learning modules c) updating and enhancing the Program Training and Consultation Centre’s (PTCC) website.
The key responsibilities of this position are/Les principales responsabilités de ce poste sont:
Training and Online Learning
- Create promotional materials for workshops (promotional flyers and eBlasts), and manage online webinar registration
- Manage the technical development of e-learning modules to support the delivery of the Program Training and Consultation Centre’s (PTCC) training programs
- Develop, maintain, and enhance PTCC on-line training calendar and brochure
- Maintain up-to-date training database to track and monitor work progress and evaluations
- Support continuous quality improvement through the development and maintenance of online surveys (e.g. Fluid Survey)
- Set up and provide technical support during online webinars; provide in-service training to staff, consultants and other presenters on webinar technology
- Work closely and regularly with web developers and technicians to maintain PTCC’s website and develop new features
- Manage the content of the sites by working with PTCC staff, as well as other internal and external stakeholders, to ensure new content is made available online in a timely manner. Manage user access, online training registration and generate web analytics.
- Build and maintain External Collaboration Sites for PTCC clients on SharePoint
- Provide support for web content development including writing, proof-reading and editing
- Work with PTCC stakeholders and CCO web team to clarify and analyze business requirements and define website enhancement activities and deliverables
- Train users to work with CMS software and other web applications as necessary
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills of web tools and development so as to advise management on relevant opportunities and risks.
- Edit and proof-read training related communication materials to ensure clarity and interest
- Develop project plans under the direction of the Team Lead and coordinate project activities and deliverables pursuant to project plans
- Manage the development of PTCC’s program e-newsletter engaging with other staff as required
- Establish advisory/work groups for project tasks when required and facilitate group meetings
- Prepare analyses, briefings and presentations
- Provide creative input and design support for PTCC communication/presentations and training materials
- Manage procurements and contracts with communications/design vendors
- Completion of an Undergraduate Degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Communications, Business Administration, or recognized equivalent required
- Training in on-line learning/meeting technologies (e.g. Adobe Connect and Microsoft Lync) and other collaboration software (e.g. Microsoft Sharepoint)
- Training in e-learning software (e.g. Articulate)
- Knowledge of tobacco control and public health theory and practice in Ontario an asset
- Professional Project Management Certificate/ designation an asset
- 5 or more years of relevant experience, including one to two years’ experience in a project coordination role
- Experience in the successful completion of moderately complex projects
- Experience in working with on-line learning/meeting technologies (e.g. Adobe Connect and Microsoft Lync) and other collaboration software (e.g. Microsoft Sharepoint)
- Experience in working with e-learning software (e.g. Articulate)
- Experience updating websites and writing content for websites
- Demonstrated strong business writing and editing skills
Other Relevant Knowledge and Skills
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated experience working with CMS tools, Adobe InDesign, MailChimp
- Experience working with online social media an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (including PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, including the ability to work independently, prioritize work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
Closing Date/Date Limite: June 1, 2016
For more information and to apply online please visit https://www.recruitingsite.com/csbsites/cancercare_ontario/JobDescriptio....