Deadline June 10, 2016
Thresholds Homes and Supports Inc. is a growing agency in its 35th year of operation that promotes independence and improved quality of life for people with mental health issues by providing affordable housing and individualized, flexible support services.
Summary of the Position:
The Manager of Crisis/Respite Services is responsible for overseeing the delivery of services, providing supervision to direct care staff, and ensuring the provision of appropriate and quality support services to individuals involved in the crisis/respite services offered by the organization. In addition, the Manager of Crisis/Respite Services will assist the Executive Director in planning, development and evaluation of the services offered. The Manager of Crisis/Respite Services will ensure that the mission and principles of the organization are carried out in the delivery of the crisis/respite services.
- Communicates with and provides guidance, direction and support to staff around service delivery and planning.
- Ensure staff are trained and orientated in all functional areas and mandatory legislated requirements, familiar with agency policies and procedures.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate agency and confidential consumer records.
- Assists in the development of program policies and procedures and ensures the safety, health and well-being of the consumers, staff and volunteers through adherence to relevant standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Represents the Agency, ensures appropriate community partnerships and relationships exist and volunteers on appropriate community committees.
- Supports the team through the resolution of complex consumer issues and ensures individual support planning and crisis planning are complete.
- Conducts audits, maintains a system of statistics to ensure file documentation meets Agency and Ministry standards.
- Relates to consumers, staff and associates with respect, sensitivity and understanding.
- Demonstrates leadership and human relations skills in supervising, developing, motivating and supporting staff to achieve objectives.
- Participate as an effective team member.
- Promotes good relationships between the Agency and the community and acts as an ambassador of the Agency.
- Level of skills, knowledge and expertise usually acquired though a Baccalaureate or Master’s Degree in a related health discipline.
- Demonstrated supervisory, communication, team leadership & facilitation skills experience.
- Experience in managing in a unionized environment.
- Program administration and budget experience.
- Experience in risk management and health and safety as they relate to mental health issues and community support services.
- Knowledge of crisis respite program model and standards with experience developing and monitoring quality outcome indicator’s necessary to plan service improvements.
- Background in promoting community partnerships, and relationships.
- Ability to conduct and provide clinical assessments, rehabilitation and support services.
- Strong clinical skills and experience providing services to persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
- Demonstrated ability to work within the organization’s mission and values.
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel and data collection software.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license, relevant insurance and use of a reliable vehicle.
- Current in First Aid and CPR.
- Able to successfully complete and provide a current Canadian Police Information Certificate (CPIC) with Vulnerable
- Persons Screening.
Thresholds Homes and Supports Inc. will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
The salary range for this position is: $58,000 - 76,000.
If you are understanding and sensitive to the needs of individuals experiencing serious mental health issues, with philosophy and values compatible with our organization, please send your cover letter and resume noting in the subject line “FT Manager Crisis Respite – 2016” by Friday June 10, 2016 to:
Thresholds Homes and Supports
236 Victoria Street North Unit 2A
Kitchener, ON N2H 5C8