North Bay, Ontario
Deadline June 13, 2016
Position: Public Health Dietitian – OPSEU – Healthy Schools Program
Hours of Work: Temporary – Part-Time – 17.50 to 22.50 Hours Per Week (Subjectto Change)
Effective: August 8, 2016 to August 4, 2017 (Subject to Change)
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Leave of Absence
The Public Health Dietitian reporting to the Program Manager, Healthy Schools will work collaboratively on the multidisciplinary team and with community partners to assess, plan, implement and evaluate a range of health promotion programs with the school community under the requirements of the Family Health and Chronic Disease standards of the Ontario Public Health Standards (2008). The Public Health Dietitian will work with populations to increase awareness and education, build skills, create supportive environments and develop policy regarding healthy eating and prevention of chronic disease.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Baccalaureate (4 year) degree from a Canadian University with a major course of study in foods and nutrition
- Completion of an accredited dietetic internship
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Two years related experience in community or public health nutrition
- Experience in health promotion programming, including community development, health policy, social marketing, mass communications and media, application of health behaviour change theory, program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Excellent verbal, written and mass communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the social determinants of health as they relate to healthy eating
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate community partnerships with diverse groups in support of nutrition promotion initiatives
- Ability to conduct and interpret research such as literature reviews and situational assessments
- Ability to critically assess applied health research and develop detailed program proposals and reports
- Ability to use computer technology including MS Word, Power Point, Internet, E-mail and Social Media
- Ability to work within a self-directed, multidisciplinary team and collaborate with other health unit teams in program delivery
- Ability to work flex hours as required
- Must have a minimum “G” Ontario Drivers’ Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $32.18 to Maximum $36.22(plus 4% vacation pay and 4% public holiday pay)
Closing Date: June 13, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
Application Process: If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job Posting #2016/023
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.