No deadline noted
Want to help to change lives and empower local communities with a life-long impact?
We work in the rural communities of Nicaragua, providing full scholarships for young rural students to attend medical school. We are a special project of Global Peace Network (GPN), a registered Canadian charity. Our goal is to increase access to healthcare and education in rural Nicaragua by empowering youth to become agents of change in their communities.
We are life-long, local, life-saving.
Job Summary & Essential Duties:
The REB is responsible for the ethical assessment and approval of all research involving human subjects. REB reviews are conducted in accordance with the charity’s policies, national guidance documents and relevant laws. The position can be done remotely and requires a commitment of 5 hours per month. The essential duties are as follows:
- ensure that the REB acts in accordance with all applicable regulations, guidelines and policies governing REBs
- flag potential ethical concerns with the research being proposed
- work with fellow REB members to review, propose modifications to, approve, reject, suspend or terminate any proposed or ongoing research involving human participants
- be passionate about our cause, and positively represent our organization externally
- degree in a relevant health-related discipline such as public health, social sciences, epidemiology, health policy, or other similar disciplines
- experience as a REB member and/or as a researcher at an academic institution, research centre or relevant government agency.
How to join our team?
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Include the Job Title in the subject line as well as where you saw this ad, for example ‘ Lead Nurse-Indeed’
We cannot wait for you to join our team of dynamic professionals, finding creative solutions to complex problems!
If you require an accommodation of any kind in order to participate in our recruitment process, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.