No deadline noted
WellFort is recruiting a full time Clinical Counsellor to fill a one year contract!
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We seek individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Provide brief therapeutic counselling services to clients experiencing problems of an individual, couple or family, systemic or social nature.
- Support clients to develop goals, and provide appropriate client-centered interventions
- Use various techniques and modalities (CBT, solution-focused, expressive arts)
- Chart client notes and correspondence within the safeguards of confidentiality
- Ensure comprehensive treatment by providing information and ongoing consultation with team members
- Develop, implement and evaluate psycho-educational and support groups and workshops
- Advocate for and with clients to reduce barriers to accessing community services and programs
- Master’s degree in Social Work or a related field
- Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Three to five years’ experience in a community health setting
- Familiar with evidence based treatments and a range of counselling modalities
- Demonstrated counselling skills including assessment, interviewing, goal setting and short-term work
- Education and experience in group development, implementation, facilitation and evaluation
- Experience in providing therapeutic counselling and support to diverse populations
- An understanding and critical analysis of the determinants of health and social factors, such as power and privilege that affect individual, organizational and community health
- An understanding of or a strong commitment to adopting an Anti-Oppressive practice
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Languages relevant to Region of Peel residents an asset
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace, committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made anytime providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted. In order to support accessible service delivery, shared care and operating hours the position includes evening and weekend work.
Salary: $55,251-$66,568 plus benefits
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please put “SW WellFort” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we request no phone calls.