Deadline July 4, 2016
Our client, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is the self-regulating body for the province's medical profession. The College regulates the practice of medicine to protect and serve the public interest. It issues certificates of registration to doctors to allow them to practise medicine, monitors and maintains standards of practice through peer assessment and remediation and investigates complaints against doctors on behalf of the public.
Health Information Analyst (Medical Analyst)
1 Year Contract/Secondment Available with Possibility of Extension
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario is seeking a technically strong and critically minded Medical Analyst to join the Investigations and Resolutions Department and perform in-depth analysis of large volumes of investigation files.
In this role, you will review the full contents of investigation files, from initial complaint through to Committee decision. You will use your critical thinking and attention to detail to identify and assess factors that were influential in the outcome of the investigation such as the diagnosis, medical intervention, and systemic and organizational factors related to the case. You will use the appropriate national, international and internal coding to synthesize the case information which is stored in the College’s database for future analysis.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Investigations and Resolutions, you will work closely with the department statistician and provide clinical expertise on topics and projects to generate structured data on various issues, ensuring high standards of data capture analysis and dissemination internally and externally as well as optimizing knowledge transfer capabilities.
- A university degree and/or Diploma in Health Information Management
- A minimum 5 years’ experience with information management in the health care industry
- Experience with National and International Coding standards in the medical field (ICD-10 and CCI)
- Foundational knowledge of research methodology, data collection, and file review techniques
- Detail oriented, independent thinker, and self-directed; excellent judgement and synthesizing skills
- Strong writing skills with the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely (written and oral)
- Familiarity with continuous quality improvement and/or quality management principles
- Experience using the full MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel)
The College offers a flexible 35 hour week, with part time telecommuting options and is located at 80 College St., Toronto, ON.
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until Monday, July 4th, 2016.
HR Associates is the exclusive search partner to College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Please visit us at http://www.hrassociates.ca.