Deadline July 19, 2016
Be part of a visionary new leadership team.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision, York region values employees’ contributions and inspires excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work. As part of our new Paramedic and Seniors Services Branch, you will have a unique opportunity to draw on your passion to shape our community.
Director of Care #19258
Community and Health Services Department
Paramedic and Seniors Services Branch
Location: Vaughan, Ontario. This is a Non-Union position.
Full-Time, Salary $100,771 - $118,494 annually
Reporting to the Administrator, is responsible for leading and directing the provision of designated Long Term Care Nursing Program in the Home including responsibilities for leadership, mentoring and development of staff; budget development and expenditure control for assigned program; program development; nursing care planning activities; and continuous quality improvement and risk management measures within a resident-centered multidisciplinary environment that promotes independence and quality of life for residents.
- Completion of a degree in Nursing and a current R.N. Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario, or the approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years’ management experience in a unionized environment including staff supervision, nursing program service delivery and budget/financial management within in the Long Term Care sector.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC).
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, regulations, standards and best practices, CQI and risk management principles and practices related to the Long Term Care Sector, as well as budget preparation and control.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management.
- Demonstration of Departmental competencies, including flexibility and adaptability, accountability, strategic thinking, innovation and creativity, and collaboration.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgment, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Strong report writing and project management skills to meet program objectives and work to tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Demonstrated skills to deliver complex services and programs including implementing quality improvement initiatives to ensure that client services meet legislative and Regional standards.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work within a diverse community and ability to deal empathetically with residents, family members, etc., to contribute to their well-being.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to co-ordinate, plan, implement and evaluate programs for customer service.
- Proven managerial ability including program implementation, and human resource management within a unionized environment.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required
- Ability to work outside the regular office hours and be available for on-call duties.
Please apply on-line at htt://www.york.ca by July 19, 2016, quoting competition #19258. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.