No deadline noted
Temporary Position to August 2017 Timmins, Ontario
The Porcupine Health Unit is seeking a qualified Genetic Counsellor to join our Genetic Clinic which is part of the Northern Ontario Regional Genetics Program. The Genetic Counsellor will work with the Genetic Nurse, our clinical advisor and clinical geneticists in providing clinical services/counselling and comprehensive education to inform individuals and families about their own genetic risks and to help them make informed decisions.
For more information about the Porcupine Health Unit please visit our website at http://www.porcupinehu.on.ca.
- Masters of Science Degree in Genetic Counselling OR BScN with minimum of three years recent Genetic Nursing and counselling experience;
- Certification with (or eligible to be certified) with the Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors (CAGC) preferred;
- Highly proficient in the Practice Based Competencies for Canadian Genetic Counsellors;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals, families and colleagues;
- Self-directed worker who requires minimal supervision;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Willingness to work flexible hours and travel to meet program needs;
- Fluency in both official languages will be considered an asset;
- Satisfactory criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screening;
If you are interested in a temporary position that will provide you with an opportunity to apply your genetics training and knowledge in our clinic based in Timmins, Ontario please submit your resume to:
Anne Jensen, Human Resources Officer
Porcupine Health Unit
This position will remain posted until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Porcupine Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants requiring accommodation are asked to make such requests when contacted for an interview.
Disponible en français