Fort Erie, Ontario
Deadline August 17, 2016
Bridges Community Health Centre (CHC) is a non-profit, community-governed organization funded by the Province of Ontario. Our holistic, interdisciplinary model of health and wellbeing focuses on primary health care, health promotion, illness prevention, and community capacity building, while taking into account underlying social determinants of health such as poverty, housing problems, and unemployment. We are currently recruiting for a Health Promoter at our Fort Erie site.
- Professional background in health promotion and community development, with an undergraduate or master’s degree in a related discipline
- 2-5 years of experience in a health care setting, with preferred experience in the community
- Ability to identify community needs and develop, implement, facilitate and evaluate programs related to health promotion, disease prevention and community capacity building
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually and as part of an interprofessional team
- Superior computer skills (ability to chart client encounters using electronic medical records)
- A commitment to best practices, continuous learning, and client-centred/collaborative care
- Excellent communication, organization, problem-solving, interpersonal and time management skills
- Knowledge and sensitivity to the impact of social, economic, environmental and cultural issues impacting marginalized populations
- Demonstrated commitment to, and knowledge of, community-based health care
- Certification in smoke cessation counselling would be an asset
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, HOOPP and a supportive, quality work environment.
To pursue this opportunity please send your resume to the attention of Amy Devereaux at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 905-871-9135.
All applications must be submitted no later than 4:00pm, Wednesday, August 17, 2016.
We welcome all qualified applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.