Deadline August 8, 2016
Overview of Initiative
The Analytic Capacity Building and Coordinated Data Development Initiative has two streams of work which focus on identifying and filling key data gaps and supporting analytic capacity within Canada. The objectives of this initiative are to:
- Enhance and create new capacity to support analysis and use of evidence
- Enable pan-Canadian reporting related to cancer treatment in a consistent way
Overview of Role
Reporting to the Program Manager, Analytic Capacity and Coordinated Data Development Initiative, the Analyst, Data Integration and Coordinated Data Development is accountable for driving the work within the Coordinated Data Development Initiative and the Data Integration function. This role will involve working with stakeholders across Canada to advance the program work of the initiative including supporting the steering committee, the CDDI pilot projects, data calls and all associated deliverables.
*Please note that the duties do not involve actual statistical analysis of data; however, knowledge of data analytics and the ability to inform its application will be of great value to the work
- Masters degree in epidemiology, public health, MIS, health economics or related field
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in health care/public sector
- Previous experience in a role requiring external stakeholder management; strong stakeholder management and partnership development skills reflected in the ability to establish effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, partners and colleagues
- Strong organizational, process development and project management/coordination and anticipatory skills
- Strong communication skills with experience interpreting, synthesizing research and technical information
- Excellent research, analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Experience analyzing and interpreting health data, preferably cancer
- Experience using data and information to inform health policy
- Experienced in literature reviews and environmental scans
- Experience in knowledge transfer of technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with provincial, national, and international cancer organizations and professional associations
- Experience working with or knowledge of cancer registry data an asset
For full qualifications and job description please visit http://www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca/work-with-us/.
How to Apply: Please forward CV and cover letter to Talentmanagement@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
Closing Date: August 8, 2016
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.