Deadline August 10, 2016
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Cancer Control Division of the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer in the role of Specialist, System Performance. Working closely with the System Performance and Analytics teams, as well as other teams at the Partnership, the Specialist is responsible for providing content and methodological expertise related to performance measurement of the cancer control system, researching and writing material for reports and other knowledge products and leading the development of key pieces of System Performance work. This is a perfect role for someone who has big picture thinking, is task oriented and possesses a healthy dose of curiosity about the broader context and the lessons that could be learned from around the world.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in Health Sciences or related field, Masters preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience researching, analyzing and interpreting health care system content (data, policy, evidence, etc.) including writing technical reports and/or scientific papers
- Strong work experience in the Canadian health care sector, with focus on research, writing, and analysis; experience in the cancer control and/or public health sector a strong asset
- Experience in health system performance measurement, including development and application of indicators
- Demonstrated ability in performance measurement and improvement, using various types of data
- Ability to understand scientific documents/information, analyze, translate research and practice-based evidence and edit/adapt these into plain language
- Experience writing communications materials for the general public, government and/or specific target audiences
- Strong ability to synthesize and convey technical data to cancer experts and non-expert stakeholder
- Excellent research skills, including solid experience in conducting systematic literature reviews and environmental scans
- Demonstrated scientific journal and report writing experience
- Experience in health research study development and survey design
- Experience in information dissemination and knowledge mobilization
- For the complete job description please visit our website at www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca
How To Apply: Please forward CV and cover letter to Talentmanagement@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
Closing Date: August 10, 2016
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.